- Experience Level:
Standard to Senior. Must have extensive experience in both gameplay and physics engines.
- Employment type:
Full-time (8 hours per day with some flexibility for self-organization)
- Reporting to:
Lead Gameplay Programmer
PlayStation Studios Team ASOBI / Gameplay Programming Team
Tokyo area (may start as remote work due to pandemic with view to relocate in coming weeks).
- Role overview:
Team ASOBI is looking for a talented Mid-Level / Senior Gameplay Programmer.
Your role will be to create player controls and related gameplay mechanics using physics engines and algorithms written from scratch, and to bring those qualities up to the production level.
- Create advanced and fun gameplay mechanics around physics engine and related techniques
- Create prototypes quickly and iterate fast to continuously improve them.
- Bring your own game design sense, creativity and humor to these interactions.
- Collaborate with system programmers, game designers, and artists to bring prototypes up to the production level
- Learn in-house gameplay engine, systems, and tools.
- Manage your own tasks and deliver quality gameplay on time.
- Skills required:
- 5+ years of production experience in games.
- In-depth knowledge of physics engines and related algorithms.
- C++ experience.
- Experience in gameplay prototyping.
- Team player with positive attitude and great communication skills.
- Task driven, highly motivated and proactive.
- Japanese language is not required though interest for learning should exist (lessons will be provided and paid for).