- Experience Level:
Standard to Senior. Must have experience shipping console titles.
- Employment type:
Full-time (8 hours per day with some flexibility for self-organization)
- Reporting to:
PlayStation Studios Team ASOBI / Technology Team
Tokyo area (may start as remote work due to pandemic with view to relocate in coming weeks).
- Role overview:
Member of Team ASOBI Technology team, your role will be to design, create, maintain, and evolve VFX systems used by the game team.
- Improve VFX particle system from tools to runtime.
- Write VFX shaders and materials closely working with the art team.
- Introduce new VFX technologies capable of achieving the artistic ambition of the team.
- Develop systems and tools necessary for the team to utilize these new VFX features.
- Skills required:
- Experience of rendering system implementation.
- Experience of shader development.
- Knowledge about how low-level Graphics APIs and GPU work.
- Particle system development experience is desired.
- Tools development experience (C#, Maya Python) is desired.
- Strong interest in the latest graphics technologies.
- Great communication skills to gather needs from the game team.
- Proactive communication to drive discussion forward efficiently.
- Ability to self-assess work quality.
- Japanese language not required though you should be keen to learn (lessons will be provided and paid for).