Project Manager / Producer （Internal）
- Experience Level:
Medium to Senior
- Employment type:
Permanent or Contract-based. Full-time (8 hours per day with some flexibility for self-organization)
- Reporting to:
Studio Head / Head of Production
PlayStation Studios Team ASOBI
Tokyo area (expected to work onsite for the first 3 months. Possibly to telework afterward).
- Role overview:
Team ASOBI is looking for an experienced Project Manager capable of managing all aspects of a AAA game production. The ideal candidate will be bilingual (English and Japanese).
- Oversee project management of PS5 titles from start to finish.
- Create and maintain an agile schedule useable by the development team.
- Advise & guide discipline Directors with their day-to-day project management.
- Identify gaps in the production workflow and address them swiftly.
- Optimize team performance.
- Constantly improve communication between all divisions.
- Work with PR & Marketing to create the best promotion for the title.
- Create bridges with other PlayStation Studios and bring know-how internally.
- Prospect outside vendors & contractors.
- Create contracts of varying complexity.
- Manage outsourcing of game assets.
- Oversee and develop junior producers.
- Skills required:
- Strong oral communicator (English and Japanese).
- Good reading skills (English main, Japanese second).
- Strong Knowledge of Agile game development for a creative team.
- Entrepreneurial & proactive.
- Loves solving problems of all types and sizes.
- Passionate about optimising team output.
- Organised & tidy.
- Performs well under pressure.
- Great negotiator.
- Promoter of self-management. Averse to micro-managing.
- Quick-minded, at ease with mathematics.
- Passion for games geared at a family audience.
- Believer in good work-life balance for the team.
- Passion for developing a fun office culture.
- Proven Project manager on AA or AAA console or PC title.
- ５-８ years of experience in charge of the production of games on home consoles / PC.
- Experience in managing budgets for games.
- Experience working with Marketing, PR, Operations, and retail worldwide.
- Experience in coming up with new processes and workflows for Production.
- Experience with Task management systems (Hansoft, Jira, or similar…)
- Experience in making and negotiating contracts with external vendors.
- Experience dealing with Legal Departments (Copyrights, NDA, contracts, patent filing...)