- Experience Level:
Standard to Senior. Must have experience shipping console titles.
- Employment type:
Permanent or Contract-based. Full-time (8 hours per day with some flexibility for self-organization)
- Reporting to:
PlayStation Studios Team ASOBI / Technology Team
Tokyo area (expected to work remotely at first due to pandemic)
- Role overview:
Member of Team ASOBI Technology team, your role will be to design, create, maintain, and evolve graphics systems used by the game team.
- Design new graphics technologies to achieve the required art target and implement them into efficient rendering systems.
- Create VFX shaders and materials as required by the game team.
- Optimize rendering systems on both CPU and GPU.
- Develop tools necessary to utilize new graphics features.
- Skills required:
- Experience in implementing rendering systems.
- Experience of shader development.
- Knowledge about how low-level Graphics APIs and GPU work.
- Tools development experience (C#, Maya Python) preferred.
- Passion for all latest graphics technologies & techniques.
- Great communication skills to gather needs from the game team.
- Proactive communication to drive discussion forward efficiently.
- Ability to self-assess work quality.
- Japanese language not required though you should be keen to learn (lessons will be provided and paid for).