- Experience Level:
Mid to Senior.
- Employment type:
Full-time (8 hours per day with some flexibility for self-organization)
- Reporting to:
Lead Game Designer
PlayStation Studios Team ASOBI / Game Design Team
Tokyo area (may start as remote work due to pandemic with view to relocate in coming weeks).
- Role overview:
Work centered around Level Design, your role will be to make a variety of levels for a 3D action game, each providing great tempo and creative situations. Your work also includes generating gameplay ideas and supervising their implementation.
- Solid level design skills that guide the player well and provide great tempo.
- Bring creativity and humor to the game.
- Understand and quickly adapt to game direction.
- Review your own work and the work of other game designers to improve quality.
- Work with gameplay programmers to fine-tune gameplay components.
- Work with artists on the production of your levels.
- Learning in-house tools and pipeline for level design.
- Paper sketching to convey your ideas.
- Manage your own schedule to deliver on time.
- Skills required:
- Production experience in Level Design for action games.
- Strong understanding of satisfying gameplay mechanics in games.
- Interest and knowledge of action games.
- Strong desire for gameplay innovation.
- Positive attitude when receiving feedback from your peers.
- Good understanding of universal trends.
- Ability to think of simple solutions to complex problems.
- Good sense of humor applicable to your game design.
- Proactive at improving your skills and speed.
- Team player with positive attitude and great communication skills.
- Simple, clear drawing skills to explain your ideas.
- Keen interest new technologies relating to gaming.
- Curious to keep learning from industry experts.