- Experience Level:
Mid-Level / Senior. Must have experience working in Games, Feature Film or VFX
- Employment type:
Permanent or Contract-based. Full-time (8 hours per day with some flexibility for self-organization)
- Reporting to:
Art Director & FX Lead
PlayStation Studios Team ASOBI / Art Team
Tokyo area (expected to work remotely at first due to pandemic)
- Role overview:
Team ASOBI is looking for a talented Mid-Level / Senior FX Artist.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating stunning visual effects for our game.
- Visualize, create and implement real-time visual effects.
- Ensure your effects work optimally and look amazing on the target platform.
- Collaborate with other effects artists and engineers to create groundbreaking effects to be remembered in video game history.
- Skills required:
- Strong technical knowledge and artistic abilities working with sprite and mesh type particles using game engines.
- Experience making optimized effects for video game hardware.
- Strong sense of creating playful form, color, timing, and composition.
- Proficient using Side FX Houdini is a big plus.
- Creative and advanced in problem solving techniques to achieve high quality effects.
- Being able to closely adapt a specific art style.
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results on time.
- Team player with positive attitude and great communication skills.
- Task driven, highly motivated and proactive.
- Passion for Art, game design, and gaming.
- Japanese language is not required though interest for learning should exist (lessons will be provided and paid for).