- Experience Level:
Mid-Level / Senior. Must have experience working in Games, Feature Film or VFX
- Employment type:
Full-time (8 hours per day with some flexibility for self-organization)
- Reporting to:
PlayStation Studios Team ASOBI / Art Team
Tokyo area (may start as remote work due to pandemic with view to relocate in coming weeks).
- Role overview:
Team ASOBI is looking for a talented Mid-Level / Senior Environment Artist.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating playful and stunning looking environment art for our game.
- You create high quality 3D models and textures both organic and architectural.
- Layout Levels using our inhouse editors.
- Troubleshoot Levels and maintain their design integrity, visual quality, and performance.
- Close collaboration with the Environment Art Team and Level Designers.
- Skills required:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Environment Artist in Game Development, Feature Film or VFX
- Excellent modeling and UV skills in Maya / Zbrush or other equivalent software to create high quality environment assets at a fast pace.
- Strong skill at creating beautiful environment compositions that elevate the intended gameplay.
- Strong ability to envision entire levels with minimal concept art and direction.
- Strong texturing skills using substance painter and designer.
- An emphasis on realistic texturing techniques applied to a playful art style.
- Being able to closely adapt a specific art style
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results on time
- Team player with positive attitude and great communication skills
- Task driven, highly motivated and proactive.
- Passion for Art, game design, and gaming
- Japanese language is not required though interest for learning should exist (lessons will be provided and paid for).