Development Support Engineer
- Experience Level:
Junior to Senior.
- Employment type:
Full-time (8 hours per day with some flexibility for self-organization)
- Reporting to:
PlayStation Studios Team ASOBI / Technology Team
Tokyo area (remote work possible after a 3-month probation period at the office).
- Role overview:
Creating and maintaining a well-functioning development environment that allows the team to reach their full potential is a crucial part of our game development process. You will provide technical support for the construction of our development environment, including the selection and maintenance of equipment, as well as the improvement of our build environment and data management process.
- Select, manage, set up, and plan updates of development equipment.
- Work with the internal IT team on server builds and maintenance plans.
- Understand the entire development environment to give support when new members join the studio and when updates take place.
- Respond to problems related to development equipment and IT.
- Identify and improve issues regarding development iterations (code changes, builds, tests, releases, and data sharing)
- Skills required:
- Experience with software used in game development such as Git, Perforce, Jenkins, etc.
- Understanding of trends in development equipment such as PCs, monitors, and gaming devices.
- Basic knowledge of Linux/Windows servers and cloud services.
- Experience developing scripts for automation in Python, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience in production tools development (C++, C#, Maya Python) is a plus.
- Experience implementing game runtimes is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills to gather needs from the team.
- Proactive communication to facilitate discussions effectively.
- Ability to self-evaluate quality of work.
- Japanese language is not required though you should be keen to learn (lessons will be provided and paid for).