- Experience Level:
Standard to Senior. Must have experience working in Games, Feature Film or VFX.
- Employment type:
Permanent or Contract-based. Full-time (8 hours per day with some flexibility for self-organization)
- Reporting to:
PlayStation Studios Team ASOBI / Art Team
Tokyo area (expected to work remotely at first due to pandemic)
- Role overview:
Team ASOBI is looking for a talented Mid-Level / Senior Concept Artist.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating breathtaking 2D artworks to define the look of the environments throughout our game.
- Create high quality 2D artworks, mood paintings and detailed production concepts for game development.
- Paint over renders and in-game screenshots.
- Close collaboration with the Art Director to work within the visual style of the game.
- Skills required:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Concept Artist in Game Development Feature Film or VFX.
- Excellent skills in Photoshop with an emphasis on realistic rendering techniques applied to a cartoony style.
- Fantastic eye for composition, color, lighting and mood.
- Deep knowledge in drawing environments, architecture and vegetation.
- Able to closely adapt a specific art style.
- Used to work on tasks autonomously and rapidly and deliver results on time.
- Team player with positive attitude and great communication skills
- Task driven, highly motivated and proactive.
- Japanese language is not required though interest for learning should exist (lessons will be provided and paid for).