3D Character Artist
- Experience Level:
Mid-Level / Senior. Must have experience working in Games, Feature Film or VFX
- Employment type:
Permanent or Contract-based. Full-time (8 hours per day with some flexibility for self-organization)
- Reporting to:
PlayStation Studios Team ASOBI / Art Team
Tokyo area (expected to work remotely at first due to pandemic)
- Role overview:
Team ASOBI is looking for a talented Mid-Level / Senior Character Artist.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating playful and stunning looking stylized characters and props for our game.
- You create high quality 3D character models and textures of both hard surface and organic nature.
- Create skeletons and setup skin weights for characters and props you create.
- Troubleshoot characters and props regarding their design and functionality throughout the course of production.
- Close collaboration with the animation team to meet their requirements.
- Skills required:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a character Artist in Game Development, Feature Film or VFX
- Excellent character modeling and UV skills in Maya / Zbrush or equivalent
- software packages.
- Strong texturing skills using substance painter with an emphasis on realistic texturing techniques applied to a playful art style.
- Good knowledge of physically based rendering techniques.
- Good understanding of creating joints and skin weight for stylized characters using Maya.
- Being able to closely adapt a specific art style
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results on time
- Team player with positive attitude and great communication skills
- Task driven, highly motivated and proactive.
- Passion for Art, game design, and gaming
- Japanese language is not required though interest for learning should exist (lessons will be provided and paid for).