- Experience Level:
Middle to Senior
- Employment type:
Full-time (8 hours per day with some flexibility for self-organization)
- Reporting to:
PlayStation Studios Team ASOBI / Audio Team
Tokyo area (expected to work remotely at first due to pandemic)
- Role overview:
Team ASOBI is looking for a talented and passionate Audio Designer to join our team.
Your role will be to create the sounds and haptic feedback for various characters, environmental sounds, enemies, objects, etc. in the game.
- Design and implement high quality sound FX.
- Design and implement high quality haptic feedback.
- Determine game audio design and technical specifications with the audio team.
- Work with programmers to link game parameters to sound and create a variety of audio assets to enhance the player's experience.
- Guide Game Designers regarding gameplay possibilities linked to 3D Audio and haptic feedback.
- Collaborate with composer to implement a great musical experience.
- Audio quality check and test play.
- Skills required:
- Over 3 years of game production experience as an audio designer.
- Experience with sound integration using SDKs and middleware for games.
- Knowledge of DAWs such as Protools.
- Passion for game audio.
- Positive attitude to feedback/rework.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proactive in improving your skills and speed.
- Team player with a positive attitude and great communication skills.
- Japanese language is not required though interest in learning should exist (lessons will be provided and paid for).