- Experience Level:
Standard to Senior. Must have experience shipping console titles.
- Employment type:
Permanent or Contract-based. Full-time (8 hours per day with some flexibility for self-organization)
- Reporting to:
PlayStation Studios Team ASOBI / Technology Team
Tokyo area (expected to work remotely at first due to pandemic)
- Role overview:
Member of Team ASOBI Technology team, your role will be to design, create, maintain and evolve animation systems used by the game team.
- Develop new animation features to achieve the art and gameplay target.
- Develop animation tools and pipeline which improve animator’s workflow.
- Maintain and upgrade existing animation systems.
- Skills required:
- Experience of animation system development (C++).
- Experience of tools development (C#, Maya Python).
- Good knowledge of 3D Maths.
- Passion for the latest animation technologies.
- Great communication skills to gather needs from the game team.
- Proactive communication to drive discussion forward efficiently.
- Ability to self-assess work quality.
- Japanese language not required though interest for learning should exist (lessons will be provided and paid for).